• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images being ruined by Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my images are being corrupted and ruined by Lightroom when they are imported.  They are fine when opened in Photoshop but when I import them to Lightroom they are being completely ruined. If I scroll it starts doing this to all my images. Totally corrupts them. These are Cannon Cr2 raw files.

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 15.41.02.png

Moved from Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service​ to Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Preferences > General, try UNchecking Use Graphics Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, doesn't make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This means that the raw file data is corrupted, and it is not being caused by Lightroom, it is caused by hardware malfunction. The usual reason is faulty card reader or the actual card, faulty cable connection, failing memory modules in your computer to name a few.

Have a look at the video available at the link below.

Corrupt RAW Files That Appear Fine On-Camera - YouTube

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I've been using these files for years, and they open in Photoshop fine, its just Lightroom that is causing the issue, so unfortunately I don't think you are giving me the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they open in Camera Raw when using them in Photoshop? Are these raw files? The import process in Lightroom doesn't change images in any way. It's simply a process of pointing Lightroom to images and adding them to the catalog. In most cases, issues that you are showing are corrupted raw image data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I've been using these files for years, and they open in Photoshop fine, its just Lightroom that is causing the issue

To pin this issue down to its root cause, we're going to need deductive troubleshooting.

When did this first start happening? if you've been using these files for years, presumably that includes Lightroom? So when did they first start corrupting in Lightroom? and which version?

You're in the Lightroom CC forum. I presume they are corrupt in CC? How about Classic CC?

Which Canon camera model are they from?

Are you using current Cloud versions of Photoshop and Lightroom?

Any more you can tell us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "Actually, I've been using these files for years, and they open in Photoshop fine, its just Lightroom that is causing the issue, so unfortunately I don't think you are giving me the answer."

You have been using the actual files that are showing the corruption and they worked fine previously?

Have you actually viewed the video in the link that I posted?

Both questions need a yes or no answer!

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have been using these exact same RAW files (cr2, canon EOS) for a few years now and now all of a sudden they are corrupted in Lightroom.

Yes, I have viewed the video and YES it looks the same, but why now? There are images that are now doing this that I have published, so really unless these have been corrupted on the disk (and they have never moved off of the hard drive they initially were put on from the card).

This started happening with the latest Lightroom, these were from a Canon EOS 40D compact flash card and then immediately stored onto a Lacie Rugged.

It happens in both CC and Classic.

I have the latest versions of the apps from CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say that you have used the files for a few years, is it the first time you are importing into Lightroom?

Can you upload one of the raw files online so others users can do a test on their system to see if the files are really corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is rubbish, I have over 50k photos from 5 years of work Adobe ruined with this RAW file conversion into a mini icon instead of just leaving my photos alone! I have 50k that are harmed and I will be contacting ADOBE who now owes me 5 years of photos, 

i have 92k photos so why is it only sonme of my photos are ruined??? if it is hardware??? nice try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens for me in LR Classis CC, 7.2 (mac version).

I used the catalog for years, without problem.

I switched from Canon to Fuji in January, and it started happening. Maybe this is a coincidence.

I get the rainbow effect on random images, in the grid and the develop module.

When I export the image, it is corrupted.

When I preview that raw file in explorer, it is also corrupted.

However when I simply copy that raw file, it is fine! When I import the copy, it is also fine.

I don't understand, because normally Lightroom is not changing the originals...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines