• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop auto sync from iPhone into LR

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I stop Lightroom automatically importing my iPhone photos into Lightroom on my computer.  It imports them by date and inserts my iPhone photos in any gallery with the same date - meaning I have galleries with client work and then any personal phone photos are in the same gallery.  If there is no gallery already, I get a new one so that I have 100's of galleries automatically being created.

Auto importing is already turned off.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pause the sync in LR Classic. Click the identity plat and select Pause button to the right of Sync with LR CC.

On your phone tell it not to auto sync with LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It already says sync is off.  There are no options on my phone (that I know of) to tell it to sync or not to sync with LR CC.  I do not have lightroom mobile on my phone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the LR CC app on your phone. Something like Auto Add.

Are you using LR CC to take pictures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a LR app on my phone. All photos taken on my phone, screenshots etc are being imported into my LR catalogue on my iMac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No app on your phone, except LR CC, will sync with LR Classic CC or the LR CC Website.

So although you don't think you have LR CC on your phone in actuality you do. Otherwise no images take on your phone would sync down to LR Classic and to LR on the Web.

Also what do you mean by a Gallery? There are no Galleries in LR. There are collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I meant folders.

I have just double checked and I definitely do not have a LR app on my phone.  I even went to the app store and the app for Lightroom CC still says 'get' not open as it would if the app was already on my phone.  I do plug my phone in to my computer to charge it. Maybe it's somehow syncing when I do that, even though auto sync is turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines