• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder fails after a while - need complete restart to clear issue

LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally when exporting 20 sequences in a row via Media Encoding (control-M on windows, H.264, match input bitrate) it starts failing to encode after successfully doing 10 or so of them. I get a bleating sheep/goat, and yellow triangle icon saying the encoding failed, and an error like the following at the end of the log.

- Source File: C:\Adobe\Creative Cloud Files\Extra Ordinary\Ep1 - Friendship\_Projects\Ch Ep1 Friendship\Ch Ep1 Friendship.chproj

- Output File: C:\Adobe\Renders\Ep1 Friendship\videos\2\2-1-2.mp4

- Preset Used: Match Source - High bitrate

- Video:

- Audio:

- Bitrate:

- Encoding Time: 00:00:00

01/29/2018 12:35:43 PM : Encoding Failed

------------------------------------------------------------

Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.

Each following one queued up also fails.  I stop Media encoding, the exit the window and launch it again to try starting up the encoder again. It continues to fail.

I exit all Adobe products (Ch, the launcher, etc) and start it up again, it works perfectly. I cannot repeat reliably, but it has happened multiple times. Nothing has changed in the project - all the sources are there - restarting works as well without touching any files.

It is possible that it is running low on memory (Ch might be using up more and more memory from all the renders). Another app came up with a low memory warning message. So maybe something ran out of memory internally and corrupted an internal data structure.

This may be too hard to repeat and fix, but reporting anyway in case useful. (The workaround is to restart everything.)

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Yeah that sounds like a low memory issue. Thanks for reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that sounds like a low memory issue. Thanks for reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2020 and I have the same issue this morning. I'm dynalinking Ch to Ae and trying to bounce via Media Encoder. Same error.

I'm forced to bounce via Ae. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines