2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2018 8:53 PM by Trevor.Dennis

Photoshop CC 2018 Configuration/Graphics Card Question

mariom93941186

Hello,

I just started taking a digital photography course at the local community college and I picked up copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and put on my desktop computer (Windows 10, i7 Gen 8, 16GB RAM, no video card).

When I fired up Photoshop, I noticed so my surprise that images were a little grainy and uneven. I have CS5 on another Windows 7 laptop so I know what Photoshop CS5 looks like. With my new desktop there is definitely an issue.

Also as further diagnosis when fire up the new Photoshop (Adobe Photoshop CC 2018), I get some message that says the 3D features need 512MB of vRAM and that updating the graphics card may resolve issue (sic).

Anyway, my question now is do I need a video card as well for Adobe Photoshop CC 2018? If so what  kind? If that is not the problem, any ideas on what is.

BTW - I'm a former computer programmer and this problem looks like a configuration issue all the way. The i7 Gen 8 was supposed to have beefed up graphics support, so I am surprised that this thing is not working right out of the box. Any ideas, I would like to hear.

Thanks.