Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 7.1 [ 1148620 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en-US

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.13.2 [17C88]

Right after upgrading to Lightroom Classic, I opted to reduce the size of my catalog and archive off images previous to 2017.  I exported the 2017 and newer library contents to a new catalog, and archived the old... optimized the new library and recreated 1:1 image previews, tweaked some cache settings... and all in all, it's running great.

After that point, when I choose to edit an image in Photoshop, Photoshop opens, I edit the image, save, and close out to return to Lightroom, but the image does NOT appear in the originating folder (..\pictures\lightroom\2017\December 15) for example.  Searching for the edited image on the drive reveals that it is in fact in the same folder, but the library creates a new tree titled "December 15 - ../pictures/lightroom/2017/December 15"

I have "stack with original" in the preferences selected but I dont see any other preferences that have any effect on this glitch?

I need help getting lightroom to place the image in the originating library folder, not just the same folder on the HD.

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

on the drive reveals that it is in fact in the same folder, but the library creates a new tree

I suspect you have incurred the "Capitalization" problem that is known to cause duplicate 'folders' in the Lightroom panel only.

Jim Wilde is the expert to answer these problems. The links have some of his posts- follow through his suggestions.

Lightroom: Creates duplicate folder after Photoshop edit or Import from disk | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Lightroom Import ADD folder structure issue

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on the drive reveals that it is in fact in the same folder, but the library creates a new tree

I suspect you have incurred the "Capitalization" problem that is known to cause duplicate 'folders' in the Lightroom panel only.

Jim Wilde is the expert to answer these problems. The links have some of his posts- follow through his suggestions.

Lightroom: Creates duplicate folder after Photoshop edit or Import from disk | Photoshop Family Cust...

Lightroom Import ADD folder structure issue

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is the right answer, but none of the suggestions I have found to correct it has worked - only generated errors.  I may just have to rebuild the catalog again.  Thanks for the direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you would care to post a screen-clip of your Lr folder panel showing the 'duplicate' folders, we may be able to step you through the method to fix. (without the error messages)

Have you proved the 'duplicate' folders might have letters that differ upper/lower-case?

Hover the mouse cursor over a folder name for a pop-up of the full folder path and note the exact letter case.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines