2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2018 8:29 AM by DanTull

    Slow Lip Sync - Preparing Scene

    DimitriM437

      Recently manual lip syncing in CA has been extremely slow ever since a recent update. Everytime I split a viseme or change the mouth layer for it (ex. Ah -> W-Oo) the scene will change to a grey box with the words "Preparing Scene..." in the middle and the application is frozen for a couple seconds. It's makes manual lip syncing very very slow and tedious and I was wondering if there's any settings I should change or anyway to make CA faster. This hasn't happened with any of my past projects, it has only occurred recently. The only thing that I can think of that's different is that I've made 1 scene that's close to 5 minutes in length and in the past I usually did multiple scenes (5-6) that were each about a minute in length each, and then edit them all together in Premiere. So I'd like to know if having one big scene instead of multiple smaller ones is the problem. Thanks.

        • 1. Re: Slow Lip Sync - Preparing Scene
          JasonRugg

          I'm having the exact same issue, would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions. It's really slowing down our workflow.

          • 2. Re: Slow Lip Sync - Preparing Scene
            DanTull Adobe Employee

            We have run into that situation with scenes that contain puppets with many behaviors/parameters. The problem was that the refresh that is done to publish the edited visemes so they can be seen on the stage was refreshing lots of parameters that had not actually been changed. We've since dialed that back so it is much faster in the next (unreleased, though you could join the beta program to give it a spin) version, but the fix for that came too late for inclusion in the 1.5 release and we didn't want to risk taking the optimization.

             

            One thing you could try is to add the audio track and a simpler puppet (like the Blank Face template) to a new scene. Do the edits there to get the mouths how you want them and then copy and paste the viseme track back onto the puppet in the more complex scene.

             

            Not a great solution, but it might make a viable workaround for this performance pain point.

             

            Dan Tull

             

            P.S. Sorry for the delay in responding. I didn't see this thread earlier and just ran across it when perusing unanswered questions.

            1 person found this helpful