• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with auto-detect feature when creating a form with fields.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to create a form with fillable fields. Prior versions of Adobe would suggest an auto-detection option (though a dialog box that appeared) which saved quite a bit of time. My current version of Adobe (Acrobat X Pro) does not seem to have this feature. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It is way too time consuming to add each field one by one. Is it possible that I somehow have this feature turned off? I have attempted it with multiple documents with the same result.

Thank you for your time.

Liz

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

When you select Prepare Form, look way down at the bottom under the word Start. What does it say?

If it says OFF, as mine does, click Change to go to Preferences for Forms and turn it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select Prepare Form, look way down at the bottom under the word Start. What does it say?

If it says OFF, as mine does, click Change to go to Preferences for Forms and turn it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your guidance, it was helpful.

Sincerely,

Liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines