• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error 402: Current Android sdk version doesn't support uses-permission-sdk-23 as xml tag

Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We want to include this in the android manifest:

<uses-permission-sdk-23 android:name=“android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE”/>

This would allow us to ask for the permission only in the new Android permissions model, but without requiring it for Android versions < 6.0, since the new permission would prevent some people from installing the update.

But when I try to package for android, I get this error:

[java] /Users/me/path/to/project/bin-release-temp/Main-app.xml: error 402: Current Android sdk version doesn't support uses-permission-sdk-23 as xml tag

This is with AIR SDK 28 and the latest stable Android SDK, version 7.0. Am I missing something, or is there a way around this?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Hi Peter,

This issue has been fixed with our latest Beta. Please use latest AIR SDK 29 from https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html and let us know if it works for you.

Regards,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Thanks for reporting we are investigating this issue.

Regards,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

This issue has been fixed with our latest Beta. Please use latest AIR SDK 29 from https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html and let us know if it works for you.

Regards,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines