• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble uploading photos to Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having trouble uploding photos to Lightroom recently.

When I open Lightroom (6, up to date, fully paid version) and go to upload new photos all the photos appear in transparent and can't be slected to be upload to lightroom for work, doesn't matter the file (jpeg, raw, arw, ...) and doens't matter where they are (external dd, internal dd, usb, sd card, ...).

Does any one of you know what is the problem and how to solve it?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "upload" are you talking about Importing the photos into LR? Or uploading to somewhere in "the cloud"? Or something else?

Also, you mention both LR CC and Lightroom 6, these are not the same, I assume you really are talking about Lightroom 6, but could you please clarify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I mean importing photos into Lightroom to work on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the photos are greyed out, that means they have already been imported into Lightroom, and there's no need and no benefit to importing them a second time. All you have to do is find the photos in the Library Module, and then you can use the photos in any Lightroom task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do appear greyed out, like if they were already imported to lightroom before, but never been imported before, never ever and I tried with all my photos, on many external dd and also from computer and sd card, usb, ... no photo can be imported at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need screen captures.

How do you know they have never been imported before? Explain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I never imported them to lightroom before as they are new photo that I just took and also because I tried with other photos that I never imported to lightroom before too. I know which photos I did import before and which I didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uploaded one already but it's under moderation, and a screenshot won't change anything, you will just see what I have being saying from the beginning: I can't import any photo to lightroom, nothing, all files are greyed out and none of them have been imported before (I am not silly I know what I do import and what I don't)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2018-02-02 à 04.33.21.png

As you can see none of the photos can be imported to lightroom, jpeg or arw. Actually I can't even use the Adobe DNG converter to convert my ARW files to DNG files .... same problem there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are greyed out in your operating system? But you don't use your operating system dialog boxes to import.

We need you to show us a screen capture of the Lightroom Import dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this dialog you need to hit the selectionner button. The dialog selects the folder you will import from! You will then get a new dialog that you can select the photos you want to import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe your terminology when you say, "appear in transparent". If possible, provide a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some screenshots and clarification on which version of Lightroom you are actually using would help

dj_paige is correct though! If it's greyed out, that means Lightroom has already imported it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all,

I have the same problem since one day ago - April 22nd 2018.

I open Lightroom CC, click the import button as usual where I usually can see my CF card or other cards and it froze. The wheel starts to turn and doesn't stop.

I tried by clicking the import button or by sliding photos from folder to LR folder directly (as it is on the screenshot below)Untitled.png

I have to force to quit.

I just did the software update.

Thanks to let me know if you have any idea about what to do.

Cheers,

Mika.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mika,

you should try resetting your Lightroom preferences. Hold down option and shift while you restart Lightroom. Then when you go to import make sure the correct destination folder is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jao for your email.

I did option shift when opening Lightroom and I had to wait like a minute before having the below message.

Thanks to let me know if I can try something else.

Best,

Untitled2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Probably best now to uninstall Lightroom completely and reinstall

using the creative cloud app.

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 6:16 PM mikaelsacchi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to back up existing photos first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always back up your image files. However, the image files are not "inside" Lightroom. Uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom will not affect the images at all.

Also, be sure to backup the Lightroom catalog.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did back up, uninstall Lightroom Classic CC using Adobe Creative Cloud, reinstall, but it is not working, I still cannot import photos. Same bug, when click import, the application freezes.

What can I try next please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that problem on my MacbookPro with LR 7.2. Import with 7.2 worked fine on my PC though.

Now, import works fine on both with 7.3. I didn’t go to the effort to find out why 7.2 didn’t import on the Mac.

Are you on 7.3?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on 7.3 version.

Thank you for your feedback, but, for monthly paid app I expect it to work on my 27" Imac as well as other Mac's I work on 🙂

May I ask if there is anything I can try to fix this import issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no need to specifically back up photos for the event of uninstalling and reinstalling. However,  you should be making regular and automated backups of your photos and your catalog file anyway. If you're not doing that, then you need to start this before you do anything else in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing: I created a new catalogue to import and it works.

Is there any way to migrate my current catalogue into a new catalogue keeping the same structure, rating, classification, etc.?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines