Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADT command line packaging of IPA

Contributor ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been having trouble getting the command line ADT working for IPA publishing. I've been using Animate on a PC and IPA packaging using the IDE works fine. I need to package the IPA with a custom SWF. It doesn't look like you can do this with Animate, when publishing it always recompiles the swf.

Here is the command I'm using:

adt -package -target ipa-test -storetype pkcs12 -keystore mycert.p12 -storepass mypass provisioning-profile mypp.mobileprovision Build.ipa Build.xml Build.swf icons assets defaultimgs/Default-Landscape@2x~ipad.png defaultimgs/Default-Landscape~ipad.png

The error I get is:

no such file (fullpath here)Build.ipa

Since this is the target file to build, the error doesn't make much sense as this file isn't supposed to exist before ADT runs.

I tried adding, -useLegacyAOT no after the target parameter but this didn't work either.

Do I need to use OSX to run this command? It shouldn't be the case as Animate is publishing the IPA fine and I assume it's using that command under the hood.

Any help much appreciated!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Hi,

The command that you have mentioned here has a - missing before provisioning-profile. Can you please check once with below command

adt -package -target ipa-test -storetype pkcs12 -keystore mycert.p12 -storepass mypass -provisioning-profile mypp.mobileprovision Build.ipa Build.xml Build.swf icons assets defaultimgs/Default-Landscape@2x~ipad.png defaultimgs/Default-Landscape~ipad.png

Thanks,

Krati

Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The command that you have mentioned here has a - missing before provisioning-profile. Can you please check once with below command

adt -package -target ipa-test -storetype pkcs12 -keystore mycert.p12 -storepass mypass -provisioning-profile mypp.mobileprovision Build.ipa Build.xml Build.swf icons assets defaultimgs/Default-Landscape@2x~ipad.png defaultimgs/Default-Landscape~ipad.png

Thanks,

Krati

Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krati,

Thanks for the prompt reply! That was the culprit. You rule! Great eye, these command lines get so long I start going cross-eyed!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what the Windows equivalent is, but on Mac you can run Console while publishing an IPA from Animate (or Flash Pro). At some point you will see the ADT line that Animate uses, then copy the line, make any additions you need, and run the modified line from the command line. Saves a lot of time creating the full ADT line you're going to need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin. That sounds handy. I'll try installing animate on my OSX machine at one point. To clarify, you just open a regular console window and it shows the command that animate is executing during publishing? I don't think that behavior is the same in windows if that's the case. It sounds like the OSX linux implementation of console has some type of global scope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Console open you can watch all the system messages going by. You can filter to only see certain ones, like filter on adt or adobe for example. Right at the point where Animate has finished making the SWF, and the Publish progress dialog appears, there will be what seems a short adt line. If you click on that, copy, and paste into a text editor, you should see the complete line.

One complication is any ANEs you are adding. Animate puts those into a temp folder as it does the build, you would need to watch the temp folder and when the folder of ANEs appear, duplicate it, and rename it after the publish is finished. Then you'll have a copy of the ANEs in the right location for the adt line to still work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes about a half day to put together an AIR app (with nativeProcess) that can compile/package your stuff easily without command line involved, you might want to look into that, it's worth the effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the input ASWC. I might do that when I have time. For now a macro / bat file will do. Would be a cool little project for the adobe air team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a side note, it would be awesome if the error feedback ADT returns could be more meaningful to the syntax error. I know such things are harder than they sound to implement. iOS submission errors likely taking the prize for most cryptic error messages ever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines