• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I open Creative Cloud image Assets in Lightroom?

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to open an image file that I've synced up as a Creative Cloud asset in Lightroom CC?

I understand from other threads that the cloud storage for Lightroom CC is sort of separate from the Creative Cloud storage (though it does eat into your CC quota), but this feels like a really strange disconnect.

Here's what I expected, and can't believe I'm not seeing:

1. Use Creative Cloud to sync image files from my local desktop. Want that cloud backup.

2. Load CC in a browser, pick an image, and have an option for "Edit in Lightroom CC".

Is this hiding somewhere? Coming soon? Am I completely mis-understanding something here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

No this is not possible without explicitly importing into Lightroom CC. There is no link between Creative Cloud Drive and Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this is not possible without explicitly importing into Lightroom CC. There is no link between Creative Cloud Drive and Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jao+vdL  wrote

Without disagreeing at all with this, Creative Cloud Drive and Lightroom CC do use the same cloud space allocation - your 1tb or 100gb or whatever.

Secondly, importing a CC Drive image into LRCC means that the file will exist both in the CC Drive folder and in LRCC's cloud space - using twice the space. If you import into LRCC, you might want to delete the CC Drive copy (or move it to local backup).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines