Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Custom Properties to Signature Field

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

Using Acrobat Pro and have added an acro form digital signature field to a PDF.  I'm working with a provider that requires that I add several custom properties to the field for additional parameters that they must receive, read, and apply as part of the signature path within their signing tool. 

I do not see anywhere within the UI to add a custom property, so I started digging into field tags and believe this is where I can add the property, but I'm not sure which key/value/value types to apply to add the properties to the field.

The output of the form field would look something like this prior to adding custom properties

2 0 obj <</MK<</BC[0 0 0]/BG[1 1 1]>>/F 4/Type/Annot/Border[0 0 0]/Subtype/Widget/Rect[20 37 209 70]/SignerName(Signer)/FT/Sig/DR<<>>/T(Signature in Box 15)/AP<</N 1 0 R>>/P 3 0 R>> endobj,

I need to add the custom properties to the field, which would make the output look something like this (see ESHPROP references):  

75 0 obj <</ESHPROPrequired(true)/F 4/Type/Annot/Border[0 0 0]/ESHPROPtype(sig)/Subtype/Widget/SignerName(Signer)/DR<<>>/T(Signature in Box 15)/AP<</N 74 0 R>>/P 21 0 R/ESHPROPlabel(Signature in Box 15)/MK<</BC[0 0 0]/BG[1 1 1]>>/Rect[20 37 209 70]/FT/Sig/ESHPROProle(Signer)>> endobj    

Any idea what I need to do to get these custom properties into the field so the receiving API/service can read it?

Screenshot of the tag UI where I think I can add these custom properties attached.

Help appreciated!Tag_SS.png

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing in the UI for editing low level content in a PDF. This is the realm of a custom plug-in. But your requirement is unusual, perhaps unique. Is it definitely the widget dictionary they need updated, rather than the (more typical) custom signature dictionary? These are things only signature implementors become involved in. But since they are looking for these fields they may already have an implementation infrastructure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the feedback.  I'll play around with the widget dictionary and see if I can apply the custom properties there.  These properties are simply descriptions for the receiving service to read, so do you think the value type is just a string value type, name value type, etc?

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

String value types are what I'd guess but you shouldn't have to guess such an unusual thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines