• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine Merged 3D Layers And Create One Object

Contributor ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added a few shapes and merged the layers together to create one model, however when they are exported they display as separate objects.

If I add a transparent material to it, it shows all parts of the objects underneath and is not seamless.Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you expect. PS isn't a 3D modeling tool and does not support any low-level mesh edit operations like genuine booleans, vertex merging and all that good stuff. You have to use a real 3D program for these things. All PS can do is hack together a few primitives, but it's not contiguous, clean geometry.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay.  I thought I'd ask just in case, but I can throw these pieces into Meshmixer.  Again, I check to see how much I can do with this program because it produces the cleanest Texture Maps.  My next question would be how to maximize the quality of those maps if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines