• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copying special characters from a PDF (opened in Pro DC)

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open a scientific article in PDF. I want to copy information in the article and paste it in a WORD document or as a comment I add to the PDF. But mistakes are made-

µL is copied as ml (an error X1000!) p<  0.05 is copied as p= 0.05 etc.

What can be done?

Copying scientific data is a major reason for purchasing the Pro product....

Thankyou

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, you can copy text from a PDF file using the free Adobe Reader. If you purchased Acrobat for that purpose, you shouldn't have.

I would guess that the problem is with the font encoding of the file. It happens quite a lot that non-compliant PDF producers cause one thing to appear on the screen and another to be used behind-the-scenes. Basically, short of recreating the file there's not much you can do about it. You should report this issue to the authors of the file. They need to take care of it on their end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don’t think copying formulae as text is viable. Layout can change meaning, even if all the characters make it unchanged. Frequently formulae will mix regular fonts, symbol fonts, layout features, and graphics. Screen shots, maybe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines