2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2008 1:09 AM by ggear

Fireworks 4 not working...

ggear
      Hi, I am using Fireworks 4 on Windows XP. For some reason whilst editing a picture the app stopped responding. I reopened and now I can't do anything in the program?!?!?...all of the tools in the toolbar are greyed out, I can't import or open pictures, change picture settings (it is stuck on GIF...drop down menu isn't working). Would appreciate any help or advice. I have tried rebooting and reinstalling but no joy. Thanks in advance. Rob
        • 1. Re: Fireworks 4 not working...
          Level 7
          ggear wrote:
          > Hi, I am using Fireworks 4 on Windows XP. For some reason whilst editing a
          > picture the app stopped responding. I reopened and now I can't do anything in
          > the program?!?!?...all of the tools in the toolbar are greyed out, I can't
          > import or open pictures, change picture settings (it is stuck on GIF...drop
          > down menu isn't working). Would appreciate any help or advice. Thanks in
          > advance. Rob

Try deleting the Fireworks 4 Preferences.txt file, and then reloading
          the program. If that doesn't work, you might need to reinstall.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Fireworks 4 not working...
            ggear Level 1
            I have tried deleting that .txt file and done a reinstall but still no joy. Any other ideas...(I read somewhere about a font problem - could that be it!?!!?)....I am kind of desperate as I use this program for work. Thanks