Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop putting icons on my desktop.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Since we now have no choice but to use the creative cloud application, please stop putting an icon on my desktop without asking every time you update something. That is so Windows XP. Mac users may like it, buy I run a clean Windows ship and would appreciate having some choice in the matter. Anything else is just rude. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Icon Free and Loving It

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
25 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.

to let adobe know:  Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know precisely where I posted this, thank you very much. You've no sense of humor. I've given Adobe my feedback numerous times using the link you provided. Nothing ever changes. This is just a little lighthearted frustration shared with the community. Thank you for trying to be helpful. Have a great one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mabrick,

You may also reference the link for help: Two Adobe update icons in the menu bar or taskbar

Hope this helps! Feel free to update the thread for more questions.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add my two cents to this. Seriously obnoxious behaviour. No other app I've ever had behaves like this. Shame on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while this problem isn't unique to those seeing it, most of us don't have this problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 I have no reasons not to find an alternative program and now I have at least one in favour of doing so.

@kglad Your comment is pretty ambigous, as best I can tell you're saying "It happens to everyone but most don't care / see it as a problem"? Doesn't really help those of us who are frustrated by it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.  what i stated and meant was maybe 0.1% of people have that problem.  because there are over 20,000,000 subscribers that's still a lot a peope (20,000 in my hypothetical). eg, i don't see that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And maybe 90% of people have this problem.  I'm not sure why you want to be dismissive to people who are having an issue.  I've had this issue with every computer I've owned or worked on.  Every friend I ask has the same issue.  It's been going on for at least a decade.  People have been complaining about it, but it is never addressed.  Many people dont care because they have all their software icons on their desktop.  It doesnt mean that it wouldn't happen to them also.  It's extremely invasive and annoying to those of us who want our desktop to be customized how we CHOOSE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mabrick and others, thanks for the feedback. We'll work to get you back to being icon free with the next release (5.10) of the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of October 31 with the latest October 22 update which allegedly fixes the problem, the update actually added a shortcut to my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe they meant next release after the one that about to be released..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

27/01/2023 and Adobe has dumped icons on my desktop four times in the past week.  I am ****ing sick of deleting Adobe icons.  I've been a user for over ten years, but since I'm OCD about my desktop this is enough to make me start looking for another product.

Sort yourselves out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again,these are user-to-user forums.

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Commenting that these are user-to-user forums aren't useful in any way. These issues have been raised on both the support channels you've linked to @kglad, but have yet to be actioned (a simple search shows some unresolved from more than 10 years ago). Perhaps if enough of us get behind this issue on a forum Adobe does look at (which is evident by replies from their employees in this thread) things might actually get done.

Every time my apps update, a handful will dump icons on my desktop, and there's no option anywhere to turn off the auto shortcut on those programs. It's not all programs though, so we know Adobe can actually fix this issue when they want to. If anyone has had any luck in finding a setting hidden somewhere in the programs or CC, that would be helpful (particularly if any Adobe employees know of this to be able to rectify a long held issue). An issue that has even made its way into university course textbooks as pet peeves of designers using the programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

venting here is allowed. feel free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 I have just recieced an update today of Adobe Acrobat and yet another icon to delete. I guess you are going for the next release? Just venting kglad, no need to fanboi and reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what makes you think you should be allowed vent about adobe and think i shouldn't be allowed to vent about people that vent?

uh, no need to reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad, community expert or troll? Your comments are pointless and antagonistic towards a group of already irritated users.

I don't need a whole family of programs running continuously from Adobe, I just want to open my Adobe programs when I need them, and shut them down when I'm done. Its not complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad, why do you bother to contribute these posts dismissing people's problems? You know what your comment sounds like? It sounds like: "Shutup and don't point out problems we are having with this product, because I want to ingratiate myself with Adobe by being a good little Karen who berates people for daring to complain." Every forum has someone like you, wearing the company t-shirt and trying to look like an expert by shooting down complaints instead of offering  concrete solutions. If you have no problems, why don't *you* shut up? This forum is for people trying to resolve problems. If you live in an Adobe Land full of frolicking pink bunnies & unicorns and you have no feedback to offer other than "your problem doesn't matter because you are out on the thin tail where no one else lives", you don't belong here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i failed to realize this was an ideas forum for several posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Just reading kglad's responses is cringworthy. I'd recommend reporting his comments to put a stop to this childish behavior to members that are trying to solve a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now April 2023 and this is still a problem. By the way, forum expert, the feature request page link you keep posting provides zero value, and in fact, redirects you back to this very same forum.

To anyone reading who is sick of dealing with a company that clearly doesn't care and problems that will obviously never be solved, I highly recommend looking into new tools that are being developed such as Midjourney, or perhaps Canva. Maybe it's time to leave this legacy brand and all of it's baggage in the past where it belongs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@stopiconspam45 

as i stated previously, "i failed to realize this was an ideas forum for several posts."

Votes

Translate

Translate