1 Reply Latest reply on May 17, 2008 9:02 PM by SIPerformance

Clear my Mouse Wheel

SIPerformance
      I am using AS2

I have a mc that I load a swf into. This swf gives a list of photo galleries to pick from. When a gallery is selected I load another swf with the correct gallery info into the MC that the "gallery picker" was in.

in the swf gallery there is a "home made" scroll bar. The scroll bar buttons us onPress functions to scroll through the pics. I also use a onMouseWheel event to call those scroll buttons as being pressed, thus allowing me to use my wheel to scroll the pics.

the swf gallery has a back button that uses unloadMovie to remove the swf gallery and then uses loadMovie to re load the "gallery picker" swf

The problem I am having is that the first time through this works fine. I can pick a gallery and scroll through the pics. The problem starts when I go back and pick a another or the same gallery. When I mouseWheel the second go round the wheel is calling the onPress functions twice. If i go back and do it again it does it 3 times, and then 4 and then 5......

So why is the wheel doing that?

I thought I had multiple listeners for the wheel hanging out but I am removing the swf and reloading. An even funnier part I noticed is that after the first time I test the movie, and try to simulate download inside the FP, the simulate doesn't simulate and the mouse wheel keeps increasing its count. If I take the mouseWheel listener out everything works fine. Clicking on the scroll buttons is completely unaffected by all of this and work correctly no matter what.

http://www.custom-differentials.com

Click the link and go to the gallery section to see a version without the mouseWheel scroll option. Don't pay any attention to the mouse cursor, I am changing it, I just can't decide what I want. :)