• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can no longer print pdf's from acrobat pro in mac os 10.12

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Acrobat Pro for a long time now and about a week ago, I no longer could print any PDF from Acrobat Pro.  Before that, I would frequently have long, long waits when trying to print (especially the first file of the morning) but it would eventually print.  I have uninstalled my printer drivers and reinstalled.  The PDF's will not print on either of my HP printers.  I uninstalled Acrobat Pro and reinstalled it and PDF's still will not print.  I do have a work around by using the Acrobat reader instead of the Pro application and I can also open PDF's with Preview and print.  This work-around is fine but considering the ridiculous amount of money that Acrobat Pro costs, I EXPECT it to work properly and print without having to jump through hoops.  I am using an iMac with 10.12.6.   I do not know what to do to correct this problem.

UPDATE:  After reinstalling Acrobat Pro, now I can no longer print PDF's with the reader either. 

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

App versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC V2018.009.20044

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello jillr25523247

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not able to print from Acrobat Pro DC on your Mac machine, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat pro from Help>Check for updates. Reboot the machine after the installation of updates.

You may also reset the preferences of Acrobat once, to reset preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. Link: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8511

Reboot the machine.

You may also refer to Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html

Can't print PDF files on Mac OS X 10.6 to OS X 10.8 Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/cant-print-pdfs-mac-os.html

If the issue still persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs Link: https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Make sure you have the latest printer driver installed.

If you still face the issue, please enable the root account of the Mac machine, install Acrobat and try printing.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have corrected this myself.  Thank you for the response.  I will download the cleaner tool in case of future issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Just received an update driver update from Adobe that was automatically installed from Adobe.  After the install, I cannot print pdfs from an enterprise server to my printers.  Everything was fine before the install.  I am using Windows 10 pro on my desktop and have Adobe Pro 2017 downloaded on my computer and the server.  When I try to print a pdf, the print dialogue box opens very sluggish and the printer name keeps changing when I move the cursor over the printer name box (not the drop down icon).  The program will not print to my printer.  I can print from my local computer (while not on the server), still a little sluggish, but the printer name still changes when I put the cursor over the printer name (not the drop down key).  Strangely enough, when I log into the server using my laptop and try to print, I don't have the same issue.  The laptop is using Windows 7 pro.  It appears to be a Windows 10 issue.

It had been working fine before yesterday's update install.  any help you can give would be appreciated.  Is there anyone at Adobe I can speak with directly on this issue?

Thanks,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, what sort of driver update? How do you know it was Adobe and how do you know it was a driver update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message on the screen popped up and said Adobe update.  It looked like it was from Adobe.

Robert S. Rosenfeld, CPA, CFE

RSR Consulting, LLC

[Personal info removed by Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Robert,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. What is the dot version of Acrobat installed on the server on which you are facing the print issue? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Install the latest drivers for the printer installed, Try resetting the preferences of Acrobat once, to reset the preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Is it possible to share a screenshot or Vidoe recording of the sluggish screen and auto printer name change? To share the screenshot, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines