• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 9 won't install on my new macOS High Sierra 10.13.3!

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a new computer and want to install my previously purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 (CDRom) on it. As my new computer does not have a CD drive, I decided to download it from the helpx.adobe.com website. I have uninstalled the software from my old computers but still am unable to install it on my new one. I keep getting this message after the download completes and I click on the installer. If anyone has any suggestions, please help?  Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 5.38.03 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system requirements for Photoshop Elements 9 say "Mac OS X v10.5.8 through v10.6". If you upgrade your system you often find you need to upgrade or buy all new apps. High Sierra broke many apps, so did Sierra. Apple does not make it an aim to keep your old software working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When one decides to stick with obsolete software one should make sure one is able to roll back any and all software and hardware updates in case they »break« the set-up.

Also please post Photoshop Elements related queries over at

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines