• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG's are not opening after I installed the 2018 update.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can create PNG's but when I try to open them in Photoshop CC 2018, this is what they look like. I was creating a hearts pattern a few days ago and photoshop went funny closing down and when I went to reopen it asked me to update to CC 2018, and now, this is what my PNG's look like when opened in CC. Preview shows them as they should be so not sure what is going on here.

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 10.49.23 AM.png

See the Navigator window looks different than the display, when I decreased the view size it turns into this.The floral is what the image should be, but it's a black and white image.

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 10.56.02 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Hi All,

This problem should be fixed after the Photoshop 19.1.2 update. You can install this update via Creative Cloud desktop app.

Also, you can refer the list of the fixed issues after the Photoshop 19.1.2 update, here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it's common problem

Photoshop CC 19.1: PNG Images Opens with Distortion | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. I thought I caught a virus and dat scared me. I hopped back onto CC 2017 and it's smooth sailing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

This problem should be fixed after the Photoshop 19.1.2 update. You can install this update via Creative Cloud desktop app.

Also, you can refer the list of the fixed issues after the Photoshop 19.1.2 update, here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines