7 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2008 6:52 AM by kglad

Flip Bok

Benjamin7858
      So I created this flip book to distribute as Windows Projector. My problem is that the end user has to zoom in to see the text. When the book opens it looks life a 'FitPage' in Adobe. So I need my end user to zoom in and actually be able to read the text. They can right-click and go to zoom in, but I would rather if there was a magnifying tool there or even a bar that I they could raise to zoom in and zoom out.

How can I get this done?
        • 1. Re: Flip Bok
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          use the xscale and yscale properties of your page movieclips.
          • 2. Re: Flip Bok
            Benjamin7858 Level 1
            Thanks kglad but I'm really a beginner when it comes to Flash. Can you direct me on how to do the x and yscale, please.
            • 3. Re: Flip Bok
              create a magnify button (say magBtn) and if you want to magnify page1MC, use:

magBtn.onPress=function(){
              page1MC._xscale=page1MC._yscale += 10;
              }

// you may need to add scrollbars so users can scroll horizontally and vertically to view the entire magnified page.
              • 4. Re: Flip Bok
                Benjamin7858 Level 1
                Ok, so thank you so much for your help on this but it didn't work. I have no idea what went wrong. I put the code in as you wrote it and of course changed the page name because my page name is Print1. I used the magBtn (hey it's late my creativity is not all there) and nothing. When I do a test movie it acts like a button. It acts like something is suppose to happen but nothing happens. Any other ideas as to what may be going on?
                • 5. Re: Flip Bok
                  recheck your path/instance name and use:

magBtn.onPress=function(){
                  page1MC._xscale += 10;
                  page1MC._yscale += 10;
                  }
                  • 6. Re: Flip Bok
                    Benjamin7858 Level 1
                    So , I think that it's me. The second coding that you gave me has an error in the first line. The first one had no errors. So I'm now thinking that the first one is good but maybe I am not putting in the correct place. If you don't mind please walk me through this as I am truly a beginner. In my scene 1 do I place the button there and add the script to it from there? Or do I place the code in the same place as the flip book code? I just think that I am not placing the code in the correct place.
                    • 7. Re: Flip Bok
                      copy that code, click on a frame (not a stage object) that contains your page movieclip and in the actions panel paste that code.