Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Output Template via script?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team,

I have found a few posts online about the capabilities of creating templates dynamically via script and the consensus is that it isn't possible. Have there been any updates to these capabilities? Here's the basic requirement:

Designers need to have some specific settings created inside their compositions before they will be able to render on our cloud rendering platform and be processed properly. Rather than have them create the template themselves and tie to the comps in the render queue properly, I'd like to be able to create the output template dynamically and associate it to the comp in the render queue all through script.

I've figured out the render queue piece, and have gotten stuck on many properties that are read-only. Please tell me that I don't have to have my customers create these templates after 4 years still!!??

Thanks for all your help!

-brenton

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, nothing has changed since forever when it comes to render templates.

You are right, there's no way to create render templates via script, however, there's a workaround. Create AEP file with your custom templates and use this snippet to install templates on user machines rendertom / _Snippets_ / source / After Effects / Apply custom Render Template.jsx — Bitbucket 

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines