Adobe would have to buy that company to bring it in. It is a good product, i use it. it has limits and issues. so its not perfect but you can go from indesign to html fast with it.
Hi Jonathan – what are in5's limits and issues, I'd be interested in learning.
here is what i learned:
- You have options on how you can export. keep everything as images, keep the type selectable, svg the type. If you keep everything as images it all look like you made it in indesign, prefect. If you choose keep the text live ( staying in system fonts or google fonts is the thing you need have here) it has issues with bullets, it does not keep the indent. or text wrap issues
- You can't have links in an object that is inside a smooth scrolling frame. Unless you keep text live, but than you have the bullet indent issue i mentioned before. and text wrap issues.
- It has issues keeping big tables inside a smooth scrolling frame in place. its moves them sometimes.
- Animations all of the sudden don't work right. you might get it all set up. and after several rounds of editing other parts of the document you export and all of the sudden the animation blinks or its off.. just weird
- it forget button effects. i have done layouts of 90 plus pages with buttons all sharing state effects ( and running it in styles) and all of the sudden, you export and it forgets them or they are backwards.
- I have had numbered references at the end of an old document and i might have 4 pages with 100 plus references, in my layout the numbered bullets look fine. i export and the page number is off on one page.. again weird
- it has a limit of how much interactivity you can put on it. i had a popup, and inside of that popup i had an image with 19 buttons that would open other popups. And it worked fine sometimes. other times one button would open the wrong graphic i had in the MSO..
- I have experience issues where the TOC worked fine till it just forgot the links.
overall, i say that it does not like when you revisit the document a lot. you keep editing and re-exporting and things just go bunkers here and there. but if work with Justin and you MacGyver your way you can resolve the issue.
Many thanks, I'll keep a copy of that.
I make magazines and emodules. so i create frames and link them to a page and in that page i might have a quiz made in articulate or captivate. works great.