• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop tools switch back when I adjust brush size

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Photoshop CC 2018 on a PC. There's this weird switchback to the previous tool when I use short-cut keys.

For instance: I've been using the Erase tool, I switch to the Quick Selection tool but it's too big. I try to use the bracket keys to adjust the size of Quick Selection tool and suddenly I'm back using the Erase tool. If tap 3 or 4 times on the 'w' then it will stay there on the Quick Selection tool, but it's really annoying and interrupts the flow of work.

This happens with all tools that have brush-size abilities, not just my example. It always goes back to the previous tool.

Is this some new 'feature'? How can I switch it off? Does anyone have this issue also?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are not the only one that has tool switching problems. I can not state that I do.  However I have seem some very strange things happen on my Windows 10 system where things become very unresponsive or other odd performance or behavior issues in application like Photoshop.  To restore performance I have had to reboot Windows 10.  I do not know how to find out where the problems are some may not be in Photoshop IMO.

Re: Photoshop 2018 changes tools spontaneously

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines