• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitches with Photoshop CC 2018 on mac with Wacom tablet

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Wacom Intuos Art with Photoshop CC 2018 on OSX 10.13 (High Sierra). I've been experiencing issues where whenever I switch between browsers (eg from Photoshop to my web browser or desktop), when I go back to Photoshop my tablet just won't work properly. I can move the cursor with it, I can select and fill areas if I need to, but any of the drawing or erasing tools won't make a mark at all, and it's only by switching over to my mouse and clicking, or by scribbling randomly until finally Photoshop recognises the tablet doing it's job, that it will start working again.

I understand there was a plug-in to fix a similar issue in the 2013 version of CC but it seems mad to me that the same kind of issue is still around five years later. As of typing this my tablet drivers, Photoshop and operating system are all up to date, so I'm at a loss for what could be causing it. Does anyone know of any solutions to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I had this kinda problem months ago, still not fixed after hours with Adobe techs. All I did find out is that the problem is (somehow) with the tablet. ALTHOUGH changing tablet, pen, and drivers didn’t fix it. My only choice is to have my mouse right next to my intuos, & click the mouse each time it happens - about ten -twenty times per day, particularly if I leave my computer, leave photoshop, or breathe wrong. But sometimes it just happens, including the first time it occurred...

Just to see if it's the same thing...

My pen just stopped drawing one day. The cursor moved, changed if I right clicked, and did many things, but tools which required (continuous sampling?), Brush, eraser, blur, dodge, burn, etc just looks like theres no ink in the pen. Other tools which require (oh whatever the other type of sampling is!), such as Pen, move, select, crop, etc worked fine, as did most other things.

At he time I put a question here, no one had heard of such a thing, & as I said it took hours with their tech controlling my machine to finally work out that the mouse (which I never touch) worked, so tapping the mouse got me going.

Also, now there seem to be several people with similar probs now, back then it was just me. I'm amazed there are others now, I can quit therapy!

If I find a proper answer I WILL contact you, I hope you'll do the same

Thanks & good luck!

Michael Oberhofer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. On a Mac Pro high Sierra, PS 2018 with INtuitos and Cintiq.  My workaround has been to save my Wacom pref file, restore the Wacom to default, and finally reinstall my old pref. It then works ...until it doesn't...!!! argh.  Drives me Nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've had exactly this problem too. I have no idea what to do! I uninstalled and re-installed the tablet driver, it worked for about a day after that and then back to the same problems. This problem (seems to run out of ink? Same for eraser tool and sometimes also just doesn't click) has followed me through multiple computers and different iterations of photoshop. I'm a digital illustrator. FML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many more of these threads do we need until Adobe fix this damn problem? We have been waiting five+ years for a fix, and still nothing. Every day I come on here and see paying CC subscribers unable to do their work because of an old bug that Adobe simply won't address.

Photoshop is broken on the Mac. None of the fixes work. That is the depressing reality that we're faced with. The core tools fundamental to our workflows don't work any more. It's nothing to do with Mac OS version or hardware, disabling rulers or any of the other things they suggest to us.

What do we have to do to get this fixed? How do we get someone senior at Adobe to listen? I am going out of my mind dealing with this completely broken application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might actually be a Wacom issue.  Curious have you tried updating the drivers for the Intuos?

I know have to update my drivers for my Cintiq Companion 2 and MobileStudio Pro monthly it seems like.

Usually that takes care of my issues with my devices, granted I do not experience many with Wacom.

I wish I had an intuos so that I could test out the issues... however, I do not.  But try updating the drivers, and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. Tablet works fine, then when I go to the desktop and switch back to the tablet, the photoshop workspace is all glitchy and unresponsive. I've just been unplugging my tablet and quickly re-plugging it back in and it works fine until I have to go back on the desktop again.. Incredibly frustrating and makes it impossible to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines