1 person found this helpful
We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Acrobat Pro 2017 is crashing while scanning any PDF file on Windows 7 machine, Is that correct?
Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from Help>Check for updates, Reboot the machine after the installation of updates. Try repairing the installation files in Acrobat from Help>Repair installation. Reboot the machine.
You can also reset the preferences of Acrobat, to reset the preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. Link: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8511
Check for the latest updates of the scanner and install it.
You may also refer to Troubleshooting tips for scanner issues when using Acrobat Link: Troubleshooting tips for scanner issues when using Acrobat
If the issue persists, please share the following details:
- Dot version of Acrobat Pro installed, to identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC
- The version of Windows installed.
- Make and model of Scanner installed.
- Crash Logs.
To get the Crash logs, please refer to the following steps:
- Do the steps you are using for scan
- When Acrobat crash, open Task manager
- Select Acrobat application
- Right click on Acrobat process and click create dump file
Please share this file using Adobe send:
Launch your Application
Switch to Toll Center view and Open Send & Track
Click on “Select Files to Send”
A dialog will open from where you can choose the file/s you want to share
The workflow page will appear with the file/s to be shared prepopulated
Click on Create Link
Your Local files will be uploaded to the Document Cloud and a Public Link will be generated
Share the link with us to send us the Crash Dumps.
Let us know our findings.