Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

AEM metrics vs Analytics metrics

Level 2

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the above two tools so not sure if this sits in Analytics or AEM specifically?

I have recently implemented Adobe Analytics via DTM on a website. That website also uses AEM as the CMS.  My question is that I have variance between a certain events firing between the tools. For example registrations:

Last week AEM measures 450 account registrations, Analytics measures 527 registrations which is a 14% variance in total registrations for that particular week. Why could this be happening? I have already debugged my analytics implementation and am 100% confident that account registration (e7) is only firing accurately.   Is this something to do with the way the tools counts users/visitors and if so is 14% and acceptable variance?

thanks

Sam

6 Replies

Level 1

"Last week AEM measures 450 account registrations"

How is AEM measuring this?

Level 2

I am not an AEM expert but my understanding is:

There is a flag in AEM based on the users string that shows that an account registration has taken place?

Thanks

Level 1

Where is the absolute truth on account registrations last week? Is it in AEM or some other system? Have you compared the Analytics number to that?

Level 2

Hi again,

I'm trying to get to the absolute truth here, i guess the question is which system is correct?

Event serialisation is implemented  and confident there is no double counting here.

thanks

Employee Advisor

I'm afraid you're going to have to be the one to tell us where the absolute truth number resides

In terms of registrations, I'm assuming you're collecting personal details that are deposited in a backend system somewhere, correct? How many entries are there during the period you're comparing AEM/Analytics data?

Level 4

Are you using event serialisation while tracking registrations? If not you should implement that so that registrations will not be double counted.