Hello, A user who has a licensed copy of Acrobat Pro XI installed Acrobat DC trial. After the trial expired they got the prompt to buy a license and could no longer use Acrobat. That's when they contacted the Help Desk. I thought it would be a simple matter of removing DC so that Pro XI would once again start up. But that didn't work.
So I began my search of the forums for a solution.
Things I've tried so far with no luck:
1. Use Creative Cloud to uninstall DC
2. Uninstall Creative Cloud
3. Run the Creative Cloud Mac cleaning tool.
4. Run all the Adobe uninstallers I could find
5. Manually uninstall all of the products as well (send to trash)
6. Uninstalled and reinstalled Pro XI
I don't know what I'm missing.
Thanks in advance for any help.
What do you see in Applications? Did you empty Trash too?
Thanks for the reply, but the user has to decided to purchase a copy of DC instead.
For future reference, if an app is running but you can't find it, right click on its icon in the dock, and choose Options > Show in Finder.