Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Supported Versions of Operating Systems and Browsers for ContextHub and CSRF

Level 7

I would like to know minimum operating systems versions and browser versions that Adobe supports for AEM 6.3 ContextHub and CSRF features.

The reason that I ask because I have an issue (page hangs intermittently) with ContextHub and CSRF combination on Windows 7 Enterprise and IE11.

Business would like to use contexthub , test/target features, but because of AEM 6.3 contexthub (cart store failing with invalid state js error in csrf.js) issue on windows 7 Enterprise , IE browser combination, i am hesitating to use it as it stalls whole application with a page hang.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

The technical requirement is always at AEM level not at feature level Technical Requirements

All the features of AEM 6.3 would work if you are maintaining the technical requirement of AEM 6.3. We don’t have a list of a support clients’ OS, it’s only the list of a supported browsers. I can only say, that Windows 7 is an obsolete SO and even Microsoft does not support it anymore. We will rely on vendors choice

Supported Browsers for Authoring User Interface

BrowserSupport for UI
Support for Classic UI
Google Chrome (Evergreen)A: SupportedA: Supported
Microsoft Edge (Evergreen)A: Supported (1)A: Supported
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11A: Supported (1)A: Supported
Mozilla Firefox (Evergreen)A: SupportedA: Supported
Mozilla Firefox last ESR (3)A: SupportedA: Supported
Apple Safari 10.x on macOSA: SupportedA: Supported
Apple Safari 9 on OS XZ: Not supportedZ: Not supported
Apple Safari on iOS 10.x (1,4)A: SupportedZ: Not supported
Apple Safari on iOS 9Z: Not supportedZ: Not supported
Native Android Browser (5)A: SupportedA: Supported

Supported Browsers for Websites

Generally, the browser support level for sites is depending on the implementation of the templates, design and component output, and therefore in control of the party implementing these parts.

Note: Some browser-related exceptions for mobile clients are as listed below. These exceptions are only for AEM Forms:

Forms Portal is supported on Safari on iPad only. Blackberry browser supports only adaptive forms.

Also make sure to have a look at  the link if you are accessing via Dispatcher The Dispatcher Security Checklist

For the CSRF token, if you are dependant on the granite.jquery clientlib, then it should be available by default. Else, you need to add granite.csrf.standalone dependency in your client library so as to enable the CSRF framework  The CSRF Protection Framework

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Are you seeing issues with other browsers like Chrome.

I am checking to see if this is a known issue.

Level 7

In windows 7 enterprise - chrome hanging does not happen. Following js errors appear in developer tools console 'store could not be initialized' error, 'invalid state error' .

Level 7

I just wanted to know supported OS, Browser versions.

Correct answer by
Administrator

The technical requirement is always at AEM level not at feature level Technical Requirements

All the features of AEM 6.3 would work if you are maintaining the technical requirement of AEM 6.3. We don’t have a list of a support clients’ OS, it’s only the list of a supported browsers. I can only say, that Windows 7 is an obsolete SO and even Microsoft does not support it anymore. We will rely on vendors choice

Supported Browsers for Authoring User Interface

BrowserSupport for UI
Support for Classic UI
Google Chrome (Evergreen)A: SupportedA: Supported
Microsoft Edge (Evergreen)A: Supported (1)A: Supported
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11A: Supported (1)A: Supported
Mozilla Firefox (Evergreen)A: SupportedA: Supported
Mozilla Firefox last ESR (3)A: SupportedA: Supported
Apple Safari 10.x on macOSA: SupportedA: Supported
Apple Safari 9 on OS XZ: Not supportedZ: Not supported
Apple Safari on iOS 10.x (1,4)A: SupportedZ: Not supported
Apple Safari on iOS 9Z: Not supportedZ: Not supported
Native Android Browser (5)A: SupportedA: Supported

Supported Browsers for Websites

Generally, the browser support level for sites is depending on the implementation of the templates, design and component output, and therefore in control of the party implementing these parts.

Note: Some browser-related exceptions for mobile clients are as listed below. These exceptions are only for AEM Forms:

Forms Portal is supported on Safari on iPad only. Blackberry browser supports only adaptive forms.

Also make sure to have a look at  the link if you are accessing via Dispatcher The Dispatcher Security Checklist

For the CSRF token, if you are dependant on the granite.jquery clientlib, then it should be available by default. Else, you need to add granite.csrf.standalone dependency in your client library so as to enable the CSRF framework  The CSRF Protection Framework

Kautuk Sahni