4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2018 1:55 PM by avyc21192681

photoshop cs6 open image not visible on screen

linbardel

All of a sudden, when I open an image - raw or jpeg doesn't matter - I can see the thumbnail version on the upper right hand navigator section, but the image is invisible in standard screen mode. You can see it in full screen mode, but with gridlines all over. This just happened - I've used this version for years and this computer for months. Any easy fixes?

• 1. Re: photoshop cs6 open image not visible on screen
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Did you udate your system display device driver that could cause that problem.   If not did you try rebooting.  Did you try resetting you Photoshop preferences corrupt preferencs can causo all sorts of Problems. Did you install now seotwafe reciently of add someting to Photoshop. What has changed?

• 2. Re: photoshop cs6 open image not visible on screen
            linbardel Level 1

Nothing has changed. Worked fine 3 days ago. Doesn’t work today. Tried to

do the shift control alt to get the reset message, but my computer asks if

I want to allow adob to make changes. I tried yes, and it asked if u want

to open plugins. Tried yes and tried no. Uninstalled nik collection (only

plug I know of). Tried shift control alt but never got preferences reset

message. Don’t know how to reset.

• 3. Re: photoshop cs6 open image not visible on screen
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Ctrl_Alt_Shift after you start Photoshop should open a Dialog asking if you want to Delete your preferences.  If you did not get the mess and delete you preferences your Preferences were not reset.  With Photoshop closed  You can use windows file explorer with its view options set to display hidden folders and files navigate to your Photoshop Preferences folder an rename it.  The when you start Photoshop it will create a new folder and create Adobe default preferences files for your userid

Rename "C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings"

to "C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings Old"

• 4. Re: photoshop cs6 open image not visible on screen
                avyc21192681

I had same problem on MacBook Pro.  just held down command/option/shift to open photoshop cs6 and a dialogue box asked if i want to delete photoshop settings. I said yes.   the window opened, different settings than I customized for myself, but  now I have an image window and I can redo customized windows for myself.