If you want to use ancient apps, also use an ancient system. If you want to stay up to date on Macs, subscribe to apps.
1 person found this helpful
You have to use the Terminal to run the Installer. Please follow the instructions carefully.
It will work, but there will be no more updates.
macOS High Sierra 10.13 Works/Does Not Work Thread | MacRumors Forums CS6 is reported to work there.
But those instructions are for CS6, not PS6, which is what you said you had...
in fact I have CS6. did not know the difference
Anything less than CS3 will not work on an Intel based Mac running HS. That's how I knew you meant CS6 and not the old Motorola based PS 6.
2 people found this helpful
I have just installed CS6 on my iMac Mini purchased this week (late March 2018), which is running MacOS 10.13.3 High Sierra, and the applications I have tried (i.e. opened but not used) have all opened without incident. I used the following instructions, which I compiled from various sources:
1) Download and install Legacy “Java for OSX 2017–001” (upper left-hand option) from: https://support.apple.com/downloads/java
2) Use Unix Terminal to run the CS6 Installer, which is explained with screen dumps at: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html
i) Mount the Disk Image file for the Creative Suite 6 application.
ii) Open the mounted DMG file.
iii) Right-click Install.app and select Open Package Contents from the context menu.
iv) Navigate to Contents > MacOS.
v) Double-click the Unix executable titled Install.
3) When prompted, insert your serial number for CS6.
4) If your CS6 licence depends on an earlier, qualifying package (e.g. CS5), then you will be asked to insert that serial number also.
5) There may be a need to quit some background processes (e.g. SafariBookmarksS…. And SarariCouldHisto…) using Activity Monitor (in the Utilities Applications folder):
Go to Applications > Utilities to find Activity Monitor, and launch it by double-clicking its icon. (The Applications folder is on the root level of your hard drive.)
In the Activity Monitor, select the process (one at a time) with the full name (e.g. SafariBookmarksS…), then click the upper-left button on that window (an X in a circle) to close the process.
6) The terminal installer will not automatically place aliases in the dock, so you will have to go into each of the CS6 folders to insert the alias (click, hold and drag the app icon into the dock).