Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Not able drag and drop the touch UI components from the left rail

Level 2

Hi,

There is a problem i am facing, where i am unable to drag and drop the touch UI components from left rail, i am working on AEM 6.2 and have used the conversion tool and created the touch UI dialog and the component and works fine in local, but when we do the same thing in our QA environment we are not able to drag and drop the UI components on the page please see the attached screen shot 1413602_pastedImage_0.png

is there any settings we need to do or any permissions we need to give to the content authors? we are struggling with this issue and it is high priority for us to solve.

Thanks for helping in advance.

Prasad

5 Replies

Community Advisor

- I will first go to design mode and will see if my components are included in that parsys. - if you have two parsys on page, like sightly and jsp. then in both the conditions you will have to include the components using the design mode. - also check the allowed parents or children property. - try to click on parsys on edit mode and click on + sign. and see if you see the component.

Level 2

Thanks for the help but please see my comments in bold

- I will first go to design mode and will see if my components are included in that parsys

answer - yes they are included

- if you have two parsys on page, like sightly and jsp

answer - all the parsys are jsp.

- also check the allowed parents or children property

answer - all components are allowed and are able to see in left rail.

- try to click on parsys on edit mode and click on + sign. and see if you see the component

answer - hen clicking on edit mode and select the parsys the + sign (tool bar as below)is not appearing 1414280_pastedImage_1.png

need more input on this as the problem is not yet solved

Thanks

Prasad

Level 10

Check the error log and also see if you are getting an browser errors - this is not a setting, Sounds like there is an error condition somewhere.

Level 2
Level 2

Since you used conversion tool to convert classic ui dialog to touch ui dialog, did you have any custom xtype in your classic ui dialog?

If yes , may be that is creating a problem after conversion in touch ui dialog.

Level 10

When a component works in 1 AEM instance and not another - this suggests to me that there is an issue with the instance where its not working. Are you seeing any log messages?