4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2018 7:03 AM by BergLino

How to count a number of signatures on a form

BergLino Level 1

Hi,

I intend to use a form where the affiliation of the therapist or make a visa in a field that is in front of his name. This signature was made through the acrobat adobe pen and not a digital signature. This form is used on a tablet.
      My problem is that I need to count these signatures. I wanted to know if there is a possibility of summing these signatures in a specific field.
      I hope you help me.

• 1. Re: How to count a number of signatures on a form
          Thom Parker Adobe Community Professional

You have a couple of issues that may make this task very difficult.

1. What kind of tablet? a regular OS or Mobile OS? Which one specifically

2. What do you mean by Adobe pen?  If you want it counted we have to know the specific kind of thing that is being counted.

Normally, counting things on a PDF or any type of calculation, has to be done with a script. But what is possible changes if this is a Fill-n-Sign form, or if the form is used on a mobile platform.

• 2. Re: How to count a number of signatures on a form
            BergLino Level 1

. What kind of tablet? a standard OS or mobile operating system? Which specifically

Answer: Galaxy TAB

2. What do you mean by an Adobe pen? You are looking for contacts, who know the specific type of thing being told.

Answer: This is the signature mode of Adobe Reader, as shown below:

Usually, count them into a PDF or any type of calculation, with a script. But what is possible changes whether this to a Fill-n-Sign form or whether the form is used on a mobile platfor

• 3. Re: How to count a number of signatures on a form
              Thom Parker Adobe Community Professional

The answer is NO,  This type of signature is an embedded graphic. It's not a field or markup, so there is no way to track it, even with Acrobat Pro. It would even be difficult with a plug-in.

• 4. Re: How to count a number of signatures on a form
                BergLino Level 1

Thom Parker, thanks for the info. The problem is that this is a form where the employee must sign in order to confirm who is participating in the training. I'll see if I can get it through a digital signature. But first I need to see if the country's legislation allows digital signature as proof.