• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering issues w Canon 5D Miii

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark III and a 5D Mark IV.  I want to shoot tethered to Lightroom.  I run Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC.  My computer is a PC running Windows 10.  When I connect my camera and computer Lightroom gives me the option to begin "Tethered Capture" but it does not work.

Here's what I've tried:

1. Tethered capture with Canon EOS Utility on and off.  Seems to make no difference.
  2. Canon website for help.  It wasn't
  3. Canon technical support phone call.  He was even less help
  4. Adobe technical support documents.  No help
  5. Google search.  No help

Here's what happens.  I plug everything up. 

1. I get the black bar to show me Lightroom "sees" my camera because it shows a 5D Mark III connected to it but my settings (shutter speed, f stop, ISO and WB) are not showing up.
  2. There is a big gray box in the middle of the screen with the message "No photo selected"
  3. The gray button in the black bar at the bottom of the screen "appears" active because it brightens up when I hover over it and it gets darker when I click it but nothing happens with my camera when I do.
  4. Sometimes when my camera is connected to my computer the trigger on the camera does not function.

Lightroom tethering issue.jpg

If I need to, I can shoot tethered with the Canon EOS Utility, but I would really prefer to import and shoot tethered directly with Lightroom.

Can someone please help?  The frustration is real.  haha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually taken any shots yet?

Try switching to the Library module and take some shots with the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.  It didn't work.  When the EOS Utility is on I can capture and see the images thru it when I depress the trigger on the camera but I nothing happens with Lightroom.  When I turn off the EOS Utility I can't even get the camera to fire with either the trigger on the camera OR the gray button on the black bar on Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same Issue. You need to remove the utility because it automatically boots up and thus in conflict with LR classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean uninstall the canon eos utility. Just closing will not help. Utily.exe is not shutting down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines