• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC (Mac) will not scan unless attaching to existing document

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I want to start a scan from scratch, I go to File>Create>PDF from Scanner. When I do that, nothing happens. Scanner is fully operational and connected to computer. I can scan with other programs. I can also scan if I open a PDF first and then go to File>Create>PDF from Scanner.

This only doesn't work when I want to scan a document without attaching the new scan to an existing PDF.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello gbr94303

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not able to scan from Acrobat Pro DC on a Mac machine, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat Pro from help>check for updates. Reboot the machine after the installation of any updates. Try resetting the preferences once, to reset preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. Link: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8511

Reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference. You can also refer to Troubleshooting tips for scanner issues when using Acrobat Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-scanner-issues-acrobat.html

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, The problem persisted.

I already had confirmed that I had the latest version of AP DC. I had also re-downloaded and re-installed the most current scanner driver. I’m using Mac OS High Sierra, V.10.13.3 on a MBPro (15 inch, 2017), with a Brother MFC-9970CDW.

Unfortunately, in an effort to get a clean start, I figured I would uninstalled AP DC and install a clean version. I uninstalled using the uninstaller in the AP DC folder in the Applications folder. I cannot re-install it. I downloaded the .dmg file from the Adobe website. After running it, I got an error message. See attached screenshot. I looked in my User/Library for Acrobat preferences and Application Support, but don’t know which might be relevant to the installation.

Now what???

George Richardson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gbr,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please reboot the machine, then use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat completely from the machine Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine again and install Acrobat back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

If the issue still persists, please create a test user profile with full admin rights, and check with Acrobat and let us know how it goes in a new user profile.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same issue, but will start to scan if i let it sit for a few mins. If i tell it to append to a open file it scans like normal, if i uncheck that it takes 3-5 mins for it to start scanning.

EDIT:

noticed if its file i extracted then saved - it still has a delay in scanning, but if i just keep scanning into a existing it works like it did before last patch    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sl00thy,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. If you have tried all the suggestions and steps shared above, and the issue still persists, please create a test user profile with full admin rights and check.

Let us know how it goes in a new test user profile.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this issue too... all the time, with an Epson ES-400

What's the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines