3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2018 2:39 PM by claudioparoli

erratic durations

claudioparoli Level 1

Premiere CC v12.01 returns 1-frame duration errors in my final output. In the attached screenshot of my timeline, you'll see that the clapboard (meant to be exactly 8 seconds) is reported as being 8 secs as well as 7 secs and 24 frames, while the cursor at the end of the clip is shown on position 00:00:08:01, so 8 secs and 1 frame.

Screenshot 2018-02-09 14.35.39.png

I'm uploading for broadcasting and my material is rejected ONLY because of the 1 frame difference.

The timeline originates from the clip and has identical frame rate. Original material is XDCAM EX 35 PAL 50i, upper field first. I'm outputting to MXF OP1a / XDCAM EX 35 PAL 50i, upper field first.

Is Premiere not frame accurate, or is it me - some settings I got wrong???

Thanks for any help!

• 1. Re: erratic durations
          R Neil Haugen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you moved the CTI to the end of the clip by the arrow keys ... the CTI always "shows" the next frame. As your program monitor indicates. The CTI is not "on" a frame, but between them. To have the CTI display the last frame of a clip in the Program monitor, down-arrow to get the CTI showing the next clip, then left-arrow to go back one frame ... then the CTI shows the last frame of a clip.

This would help establish what IS the last frame, though it probably won't solve the +1 frame issue. Is this a 23.976 or straight 24fps sequence?

Neil

• 2. Re: erratic durations
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Its all correct.

Your cti shows 8 seconds

Your outpoint shows one frame extra.

You need to move the outpoint one frame back.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: erratic durations
              claudioparoli Level 1

Thanks for clarifying Neil, it helped

It's actually a 25 frame sequence. I've shifted the outpointed as Ann suggested and I got a frame-accurate output. Thank you both.