• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 6 - Don't blow a fuse!

Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Great responses to last weekend's challenge. I had an image lined up for this week but decided to keep that for a future week and try something different this weekend.

The two characters below were created in Adobe Fuse, saved to the library then rendered against a transparent background in Photoshop and saved as a PNG with transparency. So no need for complex masking (I must be getting soft ). If you have not used Fuse I'd recommend you give it a try - it's a lot of fun.

So the challenge this week is to take one, or both of the characters below, put them in a scene that tells us a bit of a story.

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc (so keep it clean ).

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. 

To download the image below without the forum scaling artifacts, right click and Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW6Characters.png

Enjoy !

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No takers yet? Everyone must be working hard this Friday afternoon

I'll kick us off with an animal rescue..

SFTW6-Fuse-Cat-Rescue.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG this is incredible Dave !! I love it !! They couldn't be in more perfect positions for this scene and yes everyone loves an animal rescue !! Love it !  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jodi - and if the characters aren't in the right position for a scene , there is always puppet warp (which I used on her left foot just to point it down a bit).

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice 'breaking the ice' entry Dave. Now if that was me I'd have put a mountain lion in the tree for dramatic effect and maybe a black mamba or even a Trevor Dennis-the worlds most endangered species if he continues insulting me on here lol That girl wouldn't have been so keen to climb the ladder then, would she? Do you use Fuse for anything much? It's very clever, but like Poser I find everything comes out looking a bit 'Thunderbirds' like. I imagine it's targeted at games creators though were it's probably great. Having missed out last week when off skiing , I'll try and do something over the weekend .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri
Trevor would have chopped the tree down with a light sabre

I've mainly used Fuse to pick up a mesh in the shape of a head, or other body part as a basis for starting elsewhere, rather than trying to produce finished characters with it.  It is good fun though.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

Now if that was me I'd have put a mountain lion in the tree for dramatic effect and maybe a black mamba or even a Trevor Dennis-the worlds most endangered species if he continues insulting me on here.

Trevor.Dennis might have put his Terri-Bear in the tree, @Terri_Stevens. That much work deserve a second showing, hahaha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SftWKE6.jpg

Blend-If, bubble brush, arms amputated and re-attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I like that. That made me think of Patrick McGoohan in the Prisoner. 'Do you remember Number 6, I'm not a number I'm a free man'? The series was a load of rubbish of course , but it was good old British rubbish lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was one of my favorites at the time.  But I made no such wide-ranging references this morning, just tried to think of something he could hold in his hot little hands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

Oh I like that. That made me think of Patrick McGoohan in the Prisoner. 'Do you remember Number 6, I'm not a number I'm a free man'?

I remember the Prisoner, Terri.  We're giving away our ages here .

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens   wrote

Oh I like that. That made me think of Patrick McGoohan in the Prisoner. 'Do you remember Number 6, I'm not a number I'm a free man'?

I remember the Prisoner, Terri.  We're giving away our ages here .

Nancy OShea​ it is mandatory that when you mention The Prisoner, you _have_ to say 'I am not a number!'

If you mention The Prisoner more than once, you have to say 'I am a free man (or woman in your case' and wear this badge for a day.

There are no exceptions, and I am wearing my badge even as I type this.  I also have to do a forfeit which is to wear non-colour-coordinated gaiters for a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just who is that in the background trying to get Trevor's attention?

untitled.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha that is too good !! Love it !! He's ignoring her... She's a crazy wild one ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be sure, she'll be one o' the Little People so she will.  

Jody, up until a few hundred years ago, the world's biggest eagle flew over New Zealand.  It was called the Haast's Eagle, and while its wingspan was not hugely greater than some birds of today at 10 feet, they weighed up to 550lb, so their wings were broad, and capable of lifting a lot of weight.  They lived off the Moa which the Maori hunted to extinction, so with nothing to eat, the eagle became extinct as well.  What I am thinking is that if the bird of prey in your image was such an eagle, it could have lifted up FuseMan and carried him away.  On the other hand, the eagle would not bother with Dave's 'Little FuseWoman' as she'd barely constitute a snack.  Plus she'd know a few spells and could turn the eagle to stone.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/haasteagle.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe it’s the Jersey Devil you speak of Trevor   A prehistoric bird with bat like wings and a head like a horse/dog that only hunts by night. He would definitely feed on Fuse man. Fuse woman would be like hot wings appetizer. Jersey Folklore

C3F5C38F-7F8B-4215-9319-40A0E4440E4A.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so awesome Rita !!!  She really looks stuck !! Love it !!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jodi.

I love the subtle lighting of the waves that shows in your enlarged image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one that got away....

SFTW6The-one-that-got-away.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so perfect Dave !!  Lines up beautifully !!  I can almost hear him telling her how she lost it ! Ya did it all wrong !! He was so big !! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maggy fell off the party boat much earlier in the day but everyone was having such a good time and the music was so loud that they didn't notice or hear her yelling for help...but she was kind of drunk just like everyone else so her voice really didn't have enough strength to be heard. She had been floating for hours.....Luckily she had always been a good swimmer and she was thankful for that... Though as the night grew darker she really didn't think she was going to get through it.Then of course all she could think of while trying to keep going was the movie ' Jaws ' so she tried as best she could not to move around too much. She had always been a floater so she laid on her back and tried to stay calm as the waves swayed her around. Her mind had her all over the place. Thinking about her family and what if she didn't make it ? How would they cope ??  She tried really hard hard not to think about anything at all... though she did catch herself thinking about God. Is he real ? Is he watching me ? Does he know I'm here floating in the middle of the ocean ?? Then her thoughts broke up.... she heard a helicopter !!!  She could hear it getting closer...she could see the lights coming... as it got closer she hurled herself up as much as she could and waved her arms back and forth like a panicked crazy person ... they saw her... the spotlight was on her... OMG she was so happy...  she had actually never been so happy in all of her life... she heard the voice coming through the loud speaker... " we are sending a ladder down...do you think you can climb it ?? " She yelled out YES, YES I can !!!  And she did... amazing. I'm so happy for her.

So remember kids... always stay safe while out on party boats. Keep the music at a level that doesn't interfere with safety and keep an eye on your fellow passengers !! ... And don't get so drunk !!

weekendchallenge6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love it. The wet hair and the spotlight beam catching the hand and face, very nice - and a free read thrown in for good measure.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad you like it Dave..... You did say you wanted a story to go along with it didn't you ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blimey Dave.  Where did that week go to?   It surely isn't a week since the last challenge, except it really is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grrrr...  I wasn't going to be flash, but I spent twenty minutes on something but couldn't crop it because of GPU woes.  So I reset the GPU, saved the document, and restarted, and there's no file to open.  This must be what it's like for some of the folk who ask questions here.  In my case I know it is due to the old GTX570 I've had to retro-fit, although the system worked fine with that card when first built.  It's a total PITA with Select & Mask not working, and heaps of other features barely working, but just as likely to spit me out.  The latest on my new build is that they are shipping a replacement motherboard in from the USA.  I could have had it quicker if I'd said OK to a different board, but next to the CPU the MB is the most important component.  So another two weeks, although I won't bet my life on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines