Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance problem Lightroom Classic - new version

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm using a brand new MacBook Pro 13' with 2.3GHz Intel Core i5, 8Gb, and 256GB.

Version 2017.

Altought using a new Mac and working with new Adobe versions, my Mac has problems with performance, when I'm working with Lightroom.

The fan is running full power, while using filters and stuff like that or making the normal workflow.

My Lightroom katalog and the Raw's are coming in to the program with a exernal harddrive with USB 3.0.

But I have the same issue also when a Raw is loadet into Lightroom, directly from the Mac itselves.

The Mac - harddrive is empty and not overloadet with programs ans stuff!

What could be the problem, that the performance is gone!?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOw big is your monitor (in pixels, width and height; do not tell me inches)?

How big are your photos in megapixels? (do not tell me megabytes)

Are you doing lots of brushing and/or lots of spot healing on your photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monitor: 2560 x 1600

Photos: 5304 × 7952

Yes, I do a lot of brushing and spot healing.

What do you think about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of brushing and spot healing is a known cause of slowness. Using a 4K monitor and huge original photos (42 MP) makes the problem worse. Your old Mac can't keep up. Some possible solutions:

• Turn off the GPU acceleration in Lightroom (but this could make other things slower)
  • Do the brushing and spot healing as the next to last step in editing, and the last step is to turn on Lens Corrections and transforms
  • Do the brushing and spot healing in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, it will be much faster
  • Upgrade to a very fast CPU by 2018 standards (although that may not be enough depending on how much brushing and spot healing you are doing)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the increasing slowness of the app they call Lightroom.  Rumor has it there is a new update coming soon that fixes the insane slowness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed a huge decrease in performance since the 7.2 update, prior to this I had a very fluid and creative environment within Lightroom, but update 7.2 has taken me back 10 years, the computer gives me the timer for 1-2 seconds everytime I do anything and trying to move a brush or gradient now is awful, Adobe what have you done ??  I want to go back to the previous version please.  I have an iMac 2017 with i7 processor 64GB of RAM and 512 SSD, so as fast as a standard iMac can be, everything was fine until the 7.2 update, now it is almost unusable !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can re-install Lightroom Classic 7.1 from the Creative Cloud App, click the down arrow to the right of Lightroom Classic CC, select Other Versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank's DJ, you just saved me, works fine again, great news, you have made my day.  As for Adobe's new performance fix, pufff !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines