• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep PSE2018 from auto stacking edited photos

Contributor ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I photomerged two photos for exposure. Being very satisfied with the results I saved it with a original file name with an "A" suffix.

Was "Original.jpg", saved as "OriginalA.jpg". Did NOT have "save as version set" box checked.

I went back to organizer to compare the results using F12 function, but only saw the new OriginalA.jpg file. Checking in Editor I could still call up the Original.jpg file so I knew it was still around.

After a while I noticed that the old file was now "stacked" or "version set" behind the new OriginalA.jpg file, and needed to be "unstacked" to view.

I dont like this behavior, but could not find an option to change this behavior in the Organizer or Editor preferences.

I hope I am missing something. By default I do not want edited photos to appear as stacked automatically, let me do that.

Where is the relevant option?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just look at the bottom of the 'save as' dialog.

Don't tick the 'Save in version set' checkbox'. That setting is 'sticky'.

The version set or stacking feature in the organizer are huge advantages over other managing tools, even better than in Lightroom. I could not do without them. Especially with raw originals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines