3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2018 6:24 AM by JJMack

Photoshop CC 2018 cannot enter values into Curves Adjustment Layer

Rick_Cloran

I am running the latest version of CC 2018. I tried entering specific input and output values into a Curves adjustment layer. The input box allowed entry. Everything goes blank as soon as I click on the output box. If I use the actual Curves function (Image > Adjustments > Curves) I can input both values. I tried doing the reset by shutting down Photoshop, pulling the CC 2018 settings file out onto the desktop, then restarting Photoshop. While it reset most things, it did not change the behavior in a Curves adjustment layer. I still could not enter an output value.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 cannot enter values into Curves Adjustment Layer
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Did you reset your Photoshop Preferences? What are you using?

Capture.jpg

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
          • Adobe product and version number
          • Operating system and version number
          • The full text of any error message(s)
          • What you were doing when the problem occurred
          • Screenshots of the problem
          • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
          • 2. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 cannot enter values into Curves Adjustment Layer
            Rick_Cloran Level 1

Yes, I tried that and tried the route of actually removing the settings file. Neither fixed the issue of not being able to enter an Output value when using a Curves adjustment layer.

CC 2018 latest updates applied. Windows 10 Home running in 64 bit mode. Everything else that I typically use seems to be working properly or has responded to the reset tool option.

Here is the first part of the CC System readout.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.0 20180116.r.238 2018/01/16: 1153018  x64

Number of Launches: 88

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Version: 10 or greater 10.0.16299.15

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:10, Stepping:7 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, HyperThreading

Physical processor count: 4

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3392 MHz

Built-in memory: 16367 MB

Free memory: 8674 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 14431 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

I can't really capture a shot of the problem. When you place a point on the Curve it opens the input and output boxes. You can type a value into the input box. The output box remains visible at that point. As soon as you click on the output box to enter a value both the input and output boxes disappear. This happens whether I have multiple layers in the stack for an image or if I am trying to add a Curves adjustment layer as the first layer above the background. As I noted, I can still use the input and output boxes if I go to Image > Adjustments > Curves [CTRL-M] , just not with a Curves adjustment layer.

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 cannot enter values into Curves Adjustment Layer
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I believe there is a bug in there. When I first open the Dialog with Ctrl+M  the value and the field are not displayed

If I move the mouse cursor over the grid values display but not in an input box

If I click on the White or Black input sliders the fields display with values and are useable using the dialog's reset button will also remove the two fields display

]