• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing sub folders into Elements 2018 organiser

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import my files and folders into Elements 2018 organiser it does not keep the same folder and sub folder structure.

Is there a way of importing folders and sub folders that keeps exactly the same order as the location they are being imported from?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the photos on your computer? If so use:

File >> Get Photos & Videos >> From Files & Folders

Navigate to your source and select all (Ctrl+A or Cmd+A) and ensure the box is checked to get images from subfolders. Then click Get Media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the instructions. That was the method I was using. Turns out all I needed to do was "View as tree" to view the main folders and sub folders.

Elements defaults to "view as list" which only shows sub folders.

Very simple solution that is not obvious to new users!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

marniepunch  wrote

Thanks for the instructions. That was the method I was using. Turns out all I needed to do was "View as tree" to view the main folders and sub folders.

Elements defaults to "view as list" which only shows sub folders.

Very simple solution that is not obvious to new users!!

Absolutely, and thanks for the feedback.

The default view should be the 'tree' view. It's what nearly all users are expecting.

The 'view as list' is useful for certain tasks for people naming the last level folders with events names. It's also useful for those downloading while creating automatic date based subfolders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines