• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Olympus TG-5 ORF RAW files in Elements 11

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open up the ORF files in Adobe lightroom elements 11, and it won't read the files. I have done an update. I tried downloading the update advised, which just opens as a winzip file and thats it. I've very stuck on what to do!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

The answer lies in these two links

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

The TG5 was first supported in Camera Raw 9.12 which is only compatible with Elements 2018. There are no updates for earlier versions of Elements and never will be so you'll never be able use your Elements 11 to open Raw ORF files from that camera.

Options:

1. Pay to upgrade to Elements 2018 (provided you've got a compatible 64 bit computer and operating system) and open ORF files in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer lies in these two links

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

The TG5 was first supported in Camera Raw 9.12 which is only compatible with Elements 2018. There are no updates for earlier versions of Elements and never will be so you'll never be able use your Elements 11 to open Raw ORF files from that camera.

Options:

1. Pay to upgrade to Elements 2018 (provided you've got a compatible 64 bit computer and operating system) and open ORF files in that version, or
  2. Free option: download the Adobe DNG converter and convert all ORF Raw files to DNG format. Then edit the DNG files (not the Raw ORF files) in Elements 11. An extra step for you but no extra cost.
    Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC
    How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines