• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Setting Import Question

Contributor ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.  I have noticed with the new LR that the auto develop setting during import adds clarity, vibrance, and saturation.  Seems to me it didn't do that before?  Is there an auto develop setting that does only the basic tones?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe changed how the Auto Tone function works.

I for one like the changes. Never used the Auto option before and use it a lot now.

So no, not as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a new feature update which many of us find better. It’s based on machine learning and huge data samples from professional photographers. On import I find it provides quite a good starting point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.  Is there a basic auto develop setting?  Meaning just basic tone, not even highlights or shadows?  I prefer to start with basic tones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there isn’t. You can of course create your own import preset which would set the same values for all photos but based on the slider settings you prefer.

You can hold down the shift key and double click on any slider name e.g. exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, whites, blacks, saturation and vibrancy. That will give an auto setting for the chosen sliders, but it’s a manual operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before the change, I would generally double click to zero the highlights, and shadows.  Then adjust exposure, whites, and blacks.  I don't like how clarity darkens the image and prefer to use either darks or whites to adjust the richness of the colors. Sometimes I may use vibrancy (or contrast), but that can often be accomplished with whites and blacks more naturally.

I wonder if I should put in a feature request for basic auto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spinningstill  wrote

I don't like how clarity darkens the image and prefer to use either darks or whites to adjust the richness of the colors.

Are you sure that the new Auto is applying Clarity? I've never seen it do that, so I wonder is perhaps you've got something else going on there, maybe default develop settings have been changed to include Clarity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Jim.  It doesn't.  I just assumed that since it adjusted the "presence" section it did that to.  It just does vibrance and saturation.  Thanks Jon, will submit an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines