• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What way to rubber stamp a textured area and have the texture get smaller with distance from eye ?

Participant ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am rubber stamping a carpet sample that is on the floor of a room near me (when photographing the room) into that room to mockup the room with that carpet laid, and need the texture of the carpet to get smaller as I progress to the rear of the room.

Likewise I rubber stamp grass from foreground into the distance and it doesnt look right unless it is scaled down.

In fact any use of rubber stamp on a texture or pattern that is to receed into the distance needs an option for scaling as you go.

Be it brickwork, stonework, grass, trees, bushes, carpet, anything.

Fundamental stuff here, so has Adobe considered this fundamental need amidst all the gizmos dreamt up over decades and how is it done ?

Ideally one would want to enter three values.

% scaling at rubber stamp source (100%) for the carpet sample,

% scaling at farthest use of tool.

Distance across photo tool to be used.

have Adobe even dial in >100% if tool was used fwd of the sample.

The progression is in fact logarithmic in a perspective fall off.

Merlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Looking at the Graffiti tutorial link I see I need to copy the texture to the clipboard, turn off the source of the texture, activate a layer to receive the perspective texture, filter>vanishing point, click 4 times to denote the perspective shape, then edit paste.

I do all that but at edit paste my pasted in test sheet of black dots just fills the original rectangular picture shape and doesn't appear within the perspective shape as did the graffiti. Try again and ditto.

Failed. Followed the tutorial exactly.

Also it would seem I have to firstly create the texture as far into distance as need to go wider than the shape I am painting, then apply filter to the texture, then I would edit out all the parts not needing the carpet..

So is there a way of rubber stamping and it lays down scaled texture ?

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vanishing Point also has a Clone Stamp Tool (rubber stamp tool) as demonstrated in this video.

How To Clone and Paint In A Perspective | Photoshop Tutorial - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The vanishing point filter attempts to do what you describe, but it takes quite a bit of finess to get it to work well. I create the kinds of images that you describe for a carpet client of mine. I use vanishing point a lot in the work. I also use an extended set of advanced Photoshop skills that I have acquired over many years to create believable images. There is no quick way to make these kinds of images.

You could ‘rubber stamp’ out a large field of the texture in 2D space. Make it much bigger than the area you need to fill. Then you could use transform, or vanishing point to lay the texture into the 3D space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines