• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing raw file in Lr from D850

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used my Nikon D750 RAW (*.nef) files very frequently on both of my laptop and desktop computers and they are working very well.

But with my new Nikon D850, my desktop Lightroom doesn't read the RAW files while my laptop reads and imports them well.

When I try to download the RAW files to my desktop it shows the blank thumbnails: "Preview unavailable for this file".

I even reset my D850 but no results! It works well on my laptop but not the desktop.

My D750 still working perfectly on both my computers.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

I'm curious as to why you are still using that version if you are paying a subscription. The current version is Lightroom Classic CC 7.1. If you are keeping up to date you should have support for your camera. Is there some reason you are staying with Lightroom CC 2015? If there is, you should at least update to version Lightroom CC 2015.14. If you do that you would have support for your camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The D850 requires Lightroom 6.13 or Lightroom CC 2015.13 or newer. If you are using the latest version of the newest cloud-based version of Lightroom CC you should have support for that camera. What version of Lightroom are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom version: CC 2015.12

License: Creative Cloud

Thanks,

*Nader Naderi *

Chairman's Circle

Legend Award Recipient

*Berkshire Hathaway *

HomeServices, California Properties

Cell: (818)489-8955

Nader929@gmail.com <Nader929@aol.com>

www.NaderNaderi.com <http://www.nadernaderi.com/>

CalBRE# 01096047

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious as to why you are still using that version if you are paying a subscription. The current version is Lightroom Classic CC 7.1. If you are keeping up to date you should have support for your camera. Is there some reason you are staying with Lightroom CC 2015? If there is, you should at least update to version Lightroom CC 2015.14. If you do that you would have support for your camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no idea and I thought it will automatically update.

Thanks for your advice.

I will update it right away.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to update from the Creative Cloud app. Hitting update from the application itself doesn't work in most cases. Also, Adobe released a new application that is very different from Lightroom which is basically a port of the mobile Lightroom to the desktop. They call that "Lightroom CC" and the normal Lightroom that we all know and love is now called "Lightroom Classic". You should install the latter (Classic) from Creative Cloud, not the Lightroom CC one as that is a very different app with only a fraction of the features you expect. Many people by accident "update" to Lightroom CC and are completely confused what happened to their Lightroom installation. Just warning you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your advice.

It is working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines