Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book Cover page

New Here ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
In the table of contents is there a way to add a topic to the book in such a way that if i click on the book it should show that topic in wysiwyg editor.
Any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, rr336

Assuming RoboHelp HTML here.

If you right-click the book, you may edit the properties. There, you may click the check box labeled "Book with link" and assign a topic that will display when the book has been clicked by your end user. To edit in RoboHelp HTML easily, don't double-click the book. Instead, right-click and you will see an option to edit the topic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. So i could remove that topic from the book rite once i have linked the topic as the book cover page else the topic will be repeated. Correct me if i am wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, instead of being, say, the first topic under the book, it would now be the book.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my next query... with the Breadcrumbs feature in v7, when i click "up" a level it takes me to the first (alphabetically) page under that book, which is not what I want at all!

So now it seems I have to go through the whole project and create a "Summary" page for each book, linking it with the "Book with Link" option.

Or is there a clever way to do this automatically? Create a little page that just has the heading of the book and links to the topics within that book... (he says, hopefully!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'd look into the flat file that holds breadcrumbs (any RH7 users know which it is?) and use a good replace tool to adapt related sections of that code into a separate "book" topic. While not actually automated, this might at least save a lot WYSIWYG effort.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leon

I don't believe it's a file any one of us can edit. I stand to be corrected on this, but I believe it's something that is created "on the fly" or dynamically during the process of generating the output.

Then again, only the developers know for sure!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Some code is inserted into each topic when generating WebHelp. It calls a function AddMasterBreadcrumbs in whthost.js.

Part of this function generates the "home" link on the fly. In a merged project, "Home" is the home page of the parent project, not the subproject.

The first link upward is "hard" coded in each topic during WebHelp generation. It is the first topic under the book in which the topic appears (alphabetical only if the Book TOC is alphabetical.) I haven't gone further than one level of books, so I don't know how it handles a book-within-a-book. My guess is, the first upward link stays within the closest book. I do not use books linked to topics, so I don't know what happens there.

I'm not clear on precidely what you're trying to accomplish, but if you don't have too many topics, you could try manually editing the output files.

If you're comfortable with search-and-replace, you can save some time. The point is, I think you can make the breadcrumbs say anything you like, after generating.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp