• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR is incredibly slow when searching (Library Module)

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point, my Lightroom catalog has become amazingly slow when searching for text or metadata in the Library Module. I have tried both LR classic and LR CC with the same result. I have actually rebuilt my catalog from scratch with the same results. Different machines, also equals the same results. It seems like it started when I hit the 75K mark on the number of images in the catalog. Could it be possibly be that LR just can't handle even catalogs of this size? Extremely frustrated and have not been able to find any solutions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many reasons for slowness in the Library module, but having 75K images should not be one of them.

I can think of a few possible reasons (maybe there are others)

• Lightroom is generating previews
  • Lightroom is doing facial recognition
  • Lightroom is uploading photo to Lightroom mobile
  • Your catalog needs to be optimized

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I generate previews when I add images to the catalog; I don't do facial recognition or upload to LR Mobile. I have optimized the catalog repeatedly. Like I mentioned above, I have even rebuilt the catalog from scratch. It is the same issue on different computers. There is something about the catalog that is slowing searching down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't do facial recognition or upload to LR Mobile, but you need to check that you haven't turned these on accidentally.

When you are not doing anything in LR, not even the searches, is Lightroom using a lot of the CPU or Memory?

What is your operating system (exact version please)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines