Exit

When opening PSD file, the Photoshop only opens without the file

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I'm using Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.0

I have reinstalled Windows 10 where before i was using Windows 8.1.

When i open a Photoshop file by double click, i see that the software is opening but the file is not previewing.

Also at this case when i open another file by double click, the software is opening in another window although it should open in the same Photoshop window!

This problem was existed in Windows 8.1 and still the same after i changed now to Windows 10.

Do you know what is the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Morad+Hamdy  wrote

Hello there,

When i open a Photoshop file by double click, i see that the software is opening but the file is not previewing.

Also at this case when i open another file by double click, the software is opening in another window although it should open in the same Photoshop window!

" but the file is not previewing."  Do you mean the Photoshop document is not displayed in an image window or tab or the tab or window is created but is empty? If the Image widow or tab is empty or black it is most likely your Display Device driver needs to be updated.   Look on the maker of you display adapter web site for a newer driver.

"when i open another file by double click, the software is opening in another window although it should open in the same Photoshop window!"  It should open in a new image window or tab.  If You want it in the current document use menu File>Place.   Double click will open the file into a document.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assume i made double click on this psd file:

Screenshot_1.png

Then the software makes the loading process, but the window is created and empty without opening the psd file.

It looks as following:

Screenshot_2.png

The second problem i have mentioned is when i open another Photoshop file(or even itself again), the software makes the loading process and a new window appears as following:

Screenshot_3.png

I have checked the Display Device driver, and it's up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you double clucking the windows file explorer.  It look like Photoshop may have been started However, the file never opened into a document or if it  did the start workspace never closed and Photoshop switch to your work space.  Reset you Photoshop preferences see it that fixes the problem.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made "Recent Preferences On Quit", but the issue still the same!

Screenshot_4.png

Do you think the issue may be related the Windows 10 install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea where your problem is.  Edit you Photoshop preferences general and uncheck  Show start workspace when nor document are open.   You mat has some widows 10 issue when I open several document mr active Photoshop icon in the taskbar looks like a stack. However, I also seem to remember seeing them unstacked for each open document like you showed,  But you never seem to see Image windows or image tabs in Photoshop. I edit in floating windows myself.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where to get this option "uncheck  Show start workspace when nor document are open"? I can't find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the general section like I wrote. You showed your as checked and grayed out that may be a problem.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't fix! I will try another new fresh Windows, then i will back here with a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you install the latest display device driver for your adapter into Windows 10...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines