3 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2008 7:50 AM by Rothrock

placing multiple jpgs into separate frames

Level 1
      Hi can anyone help?
      I've got 300+ jpgs to place into separate frames within a mc - is there any way to do this quickly or do I have to place them manually?
      It's gonna take me 3 years 42 days 6 hours and 24 minutes to do manually!!! - Please help coz I need some sleep this year!
      Cheers
      D
        • 1. Re: placing multiple jpgs into separate frames
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Even if you were to take a dynamic approach to loading the images rather than planting them in the timeline, it would still take many years since you have to type in their names, which takes longer than just dragging them from the library to the timeline.

Since it takes you more than three days, without sleep, to do just one drag and drop, you have to figure probably six times that to code them for a dynamic approach.

Hopefully someone else will reply with better news, but I think you best start adding them manually for now.
          • 2. Re: placing multiple jpgs into separate frames
            sirrahe
            There are many image utility software packages out there that have bulk file renaming features. You can choose to rename your images using a numbered sequence. When you go to import to flash, Flash will recognize the naming sequence and ask if you wish to import to seperate frames. Flash will do the work for you.
            • 3. Re: placing multiple jpgs into separate frames
              Rothrock Level 5
              If they are named like name001, name002, etc. When you import the first one it should ask something like, "This image appears to be part of a series. Should I import all of them." And then I think it puts each one on a frame in order.

If they aren't named like that I'm not sure how it would be possible to do.