• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crop larger than image in camera raw

Enthusiast ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Camera Raw, Is it possible to crop outside the image to increase the size of the image?

I know this can be done in Photoshop, but I'd like to do it in camera raw.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

No, I don't think so. ACR only allows you to crop pixel areas. There is Content aware fill that allows for cropping larger than trhe image with panos,P but you can't have white space/transparent pixels with ACR cropping.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Camera RAW workflow settings you can have ACR resize the concevsion it makes. Crop will crop off pixels.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't think so. ACR only allows you to crop pixel areas. There is Content aware fill that allows for cropping larger than trhe image with panos,P but you can't have white space/transparent pixels with ACR cropping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both of you, JJMack and Chuck, are correct. I knew about resizing in Camera Raw, and I suspected that there was no way to crop in order to get more pixels, which Chuck confirmed. It wasn't what I wanted, but it makes sense that would be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines